In this program, you will integrate ideas, practices, and tools from several to explore and actively practice with the design, assessment, application, and use of new media in formal and informal educational settings. You will have opportunities to explore a variety of technologies and new media, and their application to educational issues.
The program has three mentions: Virtual Learning, Learning Design And Technology, Instructional Design And Development
Upon completion of the MSBA program, students will:
- Develop an understanding of the idea of “new media” and how it can support learning and teaching in a range of formal and informal context.
- Develop an understanding of new literacies and the manner in which new media can impact and evolve the notion of literacy.
- Explore learning theories and a literacy theory to develop a conceptual frame to guides the implementation and use of new media to support learning and literacy.
- Survey a range of old and new media available to think about, develop, and use such media for school curriculum and out of-school learning activities.
- Develop critical perspectives on how new media can be and is currently being employed in different contexts.
- Learn about the resources of new literacies from a perspective informed by theories of semiotics and linguistics, etc.
- Practice communicating and presenting their work in new media and new literacies to a range of stakeholders.
Our online platform provides students with the latest tools for collaborative virtual learning environment. Each student has the opportunity to study and apply innovative solutions for the courses; collaboration between the faculty and other students; and online resources that help the student to develop the knowledge.
Our participants learn doing activities in the virtual classroom as well as simulations, group encounters, attending video conferences, among other very practical activities.
Master of Science in Digital Education.
Applicants will be considered for admission if they satisfy the following:
- Hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (Provide copy of sealed transcripts)
- Have achieved a minimum undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.0 (3.0),
- Submit a completed Admissions Application,
- Submit a $100 nonrefundable application fee,
- Submit an updated Resume,
- Submit 3 letters of professional references (non family members),
- Submit a personal statement that describes the applicant’s professional accomplishments and goals.
- Copy of valid government issued ID
Students must have access to the Internet, Webcam and Audio (Headset and Microphone).
Intel Core2 Duo CPU 2.XX GHz o AMD. RAM 2 GB
Activated X able and unlock for Microsoft internet Explorer
Java 6.0 or superior
Intel CPU (512MB RAM or superior)
Safari Plug-ins able
Java 6.0 or superior
Kernet 2.6 or superior
X lib x11r6 or superior
C++ lib libstdc++ 6
Desktop:XFce 4.0 o posteior, KDE, Ximian, Gnome
Versión de GDK/GTK:2.0 or superior
Glib:2.0 or superior
Java 1.6 or superior
Moodle for WINDOWS
2 GB RAM
1GB space free
Browser: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet
Adobe Flash PLayer
Webcam and Microphone
Microsoft 365 for tablets and Android
Microsoft needs very few requeriments for using his office suite on Android phones: Android Kitkat 4.4c or higher and 1GB RAM or higher
The student must have at least 3.0 GPA and approve all the subjects to graduate.
45 CREDIT HOURS
Career Total Investment: $18.000
Credit Hours cost: $ 400